- This event has passed.
Pan Livery 17th Livery Halls Walk
4 September @ 08:00 - 17:00£350
The inaugural Livery Halls Walk, introduced by our then Master, Stephen Wright, took place in 2006. Each year 20 Livery Companies have taken part and it has now become an established and very popular event in the Livery Calendar.
These are the simple rules:
- 20 Livery Companies will be allowed to participate in addition to WCEC.
- The Master and their Consort or a member of the Court from each Company are invited to attend. Substitutes are permitted but each Livery Company must be represented by at least one officer (The Master/Prime Warden/Upper Bailiff, Deputy Master or a Warden).
- Full robes, hats and chains and badges of office are required to be worn.
- Breakfast will be served on HQS Wellington between 8.00am and 9.00am.
- Departure from HQS Wellington will be at 9.00am.
- Each Livery Company will be given a sequence of Halls to be visited. An offi
- cial photograph of the whole group will be taken outside each Livery Hall as evidence of completing the 8.5 mile course. Please advise your walkers that good walking shoes recommended.
- Morning Coffee will be provided at Barber-Surgeons’ Hall, the home of The Barbers’ Company at about 10.30.
- Brief tour of Girdlers’ Hall at about 12 noon.
- Lunch will be provided at Armourers’ Hall between 12.15 and 13.30.
- Afternoon Tea will be served at Furniture Makers’ Hall at about 15.00.
- The walk will terminate at Southwark Cathedral between 16.30 and 17.00.
- Each Livery Company is encouraged to raise funds for their own Charity (or to seek sponsorship for the walk to raise further sums for the Lord Mayor’s Appeal). We would be interested to learn how much is raised by the event for charity, so please do let me know.
- The entry fee this year will be £350.00 for the team of two.
- A minimum donation of £1,000 (£50 per Company) will be made to the Lord Mayors’ Appeal by the Environmental Cleaners’ Company from the entry fees received after all expenses.
Check on the organiser’s website that dates and times are correct.