The City Livery Club, founded in 1914, is a private members’ club for Liverymen of the Livery Companies and the two established City Companies without Livery (Watermen and Lightermen, and Parish Clerks). Freemen of the City of London and members of City of London Guilds, other City Companies without Livery, the Royal Society of St George (City Branch), the Ward Clubs, the Guildable Manor of Southwark and the Institute of Directors (City branch) may join as associate members who enjoy all the benefits of membership without voting rights or the rights to become officers of the club.
The club is privileged to count the Right Honourable the Lord Mayor as Patron and Member. The club provides a city venue where members can meet, dine and exchange views in comfortable premises. The current venue is Bell Wharf Lane, Upper Thames Street, London EC4R 3TB where it shares the premises with the Little Ship Club. The club also provides a broad programme of events both formal and informal with various interests represented by sections for history and antiques, investments, motoring, music, wine, golf, aeronautics, photography and women in the livery. The club has reciprocal arrangements with many other private members clubs in the UK and abroad.
The City Livery Club’s database entry is available here.